We recognise that all businesses adopt a slightly different approach to employee management. Whether you operate a dedicated Human Resources team or have no formal structure in place, you are likely to need expert Employment Law advice from time to time.
Employment Law is an incredibly complex area of Law, and even for an experienced HR professional, it can be difficult to keep up with the latest developments. However, getting things wrong can be costly, as many employers will know. We recognise that employers need to be fully and properly advised about the relevant Law and procedures, but also take a pragmatic and commercial approach in the advice we give.
We are able to advise on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious Employment Law. We offer practical, common-sense advice which balances the commercial realities of running a business with legal requirements. Our areas of expertise include:
- Employment contracts and terms of engagement
- Drafting policies and procedures
- Working hours and holiday entitlements
- Unfair and wrongful dismissal claims
- Compromise and severance agreements
- Maternity and paternity rights
- Sickness absence and stress at work
- Ill health and performance issues
- Business transfers and TUPE
- Confidentiality clauses
- Restrictive covenants
If you have any employment issues with which we may be able to assist, please contact us for further information.