Can you believe that over 70% of the UK population does not have a current Will that is an accurate reflection of their financial circumstances and their personal choices at the time of their death? Making a Will creates certainty, reduces worry and gives you the peace of mind of knowing exactly how your money, property and possessions will be dealt with after your death. It also enables you to choose who you want to deal with your estate.
Once you have made a Will, keeping it up to date is vital to ensure it still reflects your wishes and takes into account any changes in circumstance. If you marry, your Will is automatically void. We would recommend that you should review your Will every three to five years.
Although it is possible to write a Will without a solicitor’s help, this is generally not advisable as there are various legal formalities you need to follow to make sure that your Will is valid. Without the help of an expert, there is a real risk you could make a mistake, which could cause problems for your family and friends after your death.
Our services include:-
- Gifts to members of your family
- Issues in Wills such as: guardianship, adoption and divorce - including contact and residence issues relating to children.
- Obtaining Grants of Probate
- Preparation of Wills, Trusts and Deeds
- Reviewing and amending Wills
- Winding up and distributing estates