Planning for the future is very important. Peace of mind is priceless. Here are just some of the things we can advise you on:
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – Lasting Powers of Attorney let you set down your wishes as to your welfare and/or financial affairs, and allow you to appoint someone to make decisions for you should it become necessary.
- Receivership Advice – You may need advice when a member of your family has lost the mental capacity to manage their own financial affairs and they do not have an existing Power of Attorney. We can help to organise and oversee Receiverships and applications to the Court of Protection, and prepare the accounts to the court, which will be necessary.
- Living Wills – This allows you to set down your wishes about medical treatment. A Living Will can allay any fears of being over-treated when there is little chance of recovery.
- Inheritance Tax Planning – When trying to minimise the Inheritance Tax payable on your estate by your beneficiaries, there are many different options, depending on the circumstances. Subject to your particular situation, the size of your estate and various other factors, we can provide you with a list of options and their pros and cons.
- Trusts – There are different types of Trusts, suited to different needs. If you are making a Will and have young children, you will probably want to set up a Trust for them so that they can be taken care of if you die while they are still young. Trusts can also be useful tools when Inheritance Tax planning.
- Guardians – If you have young children, you should appoint Guardians to take care of them if you die while they are still young. This is usually done whilst making your Will.
Whatever your circumstances and stage in life we can help you plan for the future so that you and your family are taken care of how you would want to be.