Here at Scott Rowe Solicitors we understand that, sadly, family life isn’t always smooth sailing. When emotions run high, it’s easy for disagreements to evolve into bitterly fought disputes.
If legal advice is not sought early enough, families can find themselves locked in a costly courtroom conflict with their partner attempting to reach a fair outcome. At Scott Rowe Solicitors, our aim is to relieve you of the stress that family troubles can cause. With a sensitive but determined approach, our family law solicitor will fight for a fair and comfortable future for your family.
Why choose Scott Rowe Solicitors for family law?
Since 1876, our family law solicitors have built a reputation for delivering an exceptional service that families can rely on. We understand how emotionally challenging it can be when a relationship breaks down, and how difficult it can be to make those tough decisions alone. That’s why we dedicate our time to helping families through negotiation towards resolution with minimal time and costs.
At Scott Rowe, our family law solicitor works carefully and sensitively through complex issues that can arise between family members. You will find that we take time to explain your position clearly, rather than drowning you in complicated legal jargon.
Where possible, we will aim to achieve the right result through alternative dispute resolution. This may involve constructive mediation sessions, allowing you and your partner to reach an agreement amicably and cost-effectively. However, above all, our priority is to secure a positive outcome that meets your needs. No matter how complex your circumstances, we’ll fight hard to promote your rights and make sure the correct decisions are taken.
How can our family law solicitor help you?
Here at Scott Rowe, we offer legal support to families in regard to:
Divorce or Dissolution of a Civil Partnership
- Separating from your partner is never easy – whether you’ve been together for five years or fifty. At Scott Rowe, our family law solicitor is committed to keeping the stress and time involved in your divorce or dissolution to a minimum. Our solicitor will put in the time and effort necessary to ensure the outcomes we secure satisfy your needs.
- When you are going through the difficulties of a divorce, we are aware that this gives rise to associated matters, such as disagreements about matrimonial finances. At Scott Rowe, our family law solicitor is committed to keeping the stress involved in agreeing matrimonial finances to a minimum. Wherever possible we will seek to employ techniques of alternative dispute resolution. We always hope to be able to help our client reach an agreement with their ex-partner in a calm environment outside a court setting which can save a great deal of time and money. Whether it is through referral to constructive mediation sessions or negotiation, we will work to reach an outcome that satisfies your needs; however, when no agreement can be reached or alternative dispute resolution is not an option, our family law solicitor is experienced in making the necessary applications to the court to resolve matters in that arena.
- We utilise our experience to achieve the best outcomes for our client and, where necessary, are able to instruct experienced local barristers to assist in doing this. We have good relationships with a number of local barristers’ chambers that enable us to select appropriate counsel for our clients. We will always advise our clients as to when it is beneficial to utilise the experience of a barrister and when the same outcome can be achieved without their assistance.
- At Scott Rowe Solicitors we realise that sometimes a married couple will have taken the difficult decision to separate but are not yet ready to commence divorce proceedings. This does not change the fact that there may well be financial matters that need to be resolved. Our family law solicitor is able to assist in the preparation of a Separation Agreement to record the financial arrangements that have been agreed with the intention that this agreement can later be used to form the basis of a Financial Consent Order when it is the right time to commence divorce proceedings.
- We can assist in reaching an agreement as to what should be happening in respect of financial matters either by assisting in negotiation or referring for mediation where appropriate, provide advice as to the terms of the agreement and ensure that the agreement is prepared in such a way as to maximise the likelihood of the agreement being relied upon in circumstances where a dispute arises at a later date.
Financial Issues for Unmarried Couples
- Of course, here at Scott Rowe Solicitors, we are aware that it is not only married couples who can separate and experience difficulties in resolving financial issues arising from that separation. Our family solicitor is able to work closely with our civil litigation team to ensure that our clients who find themselves in a financial dispute with an ex-partner receive tailored specific advice in negotiating an agreement or, where necessary, pursuing matters through the court to ensure that a fair settlement is reached.
Pre-nuptial & Cohabitation Agreements
- Couples looking to take the next step in their relationship are increasingly looking for ways to protect their interests and assets in the event of separation. Taking precautions may seem like a pessimistic way to prepare for marriage or a new home – in fact, it just provides peace of mind. At Scott Rowe Solicitors, our family law solicitor advises couples every day regarding the process of creating a pre-nuptial or cohabitation agreement. We’ll assist you with negotiations where needed and help you form a written agreement that is airtight and reflects your needs.
- At Scott Rowe Solicitors we know that, sadly, it is not always possible for parents to reach agreement as to the appropriate arrangements for their children. You can rely upon our family law solicitor to prioritise the needs of your children, no matter how complex the circumstances, to ensure that arrangements can be put in place that best meet their needs. Whether you need help negotiating arrangements for your children following separation, you need to take steps to ensure your child’s safety, social services are involved with you or your family or there has been a change in circumstances for your child that gives rise to a dispute as to what arrangements are in their best interests, our dedicated team are here to assist you.
- We will negotiate firmly on your behalf, utilise alternative dispute resolution where appropriate and, where necessary, assist and support you in making the appropriate applications to the court to ensure that the best interests of your children are met, or assisting you where another party has made an application to the court in respect of your child. With a strong reputation of fighting for our clients in achieving positive results, you can trust us to guide you through this difficult time with realistic focused advice.
- We utilise our experience to achieve the best outcomes for our client and, where necessary, are able to instruct experienced local barristers to assist in doing this. We have good relationships with a number of local barristers’ chambers that enable us to select appropriate counsel for our clients. We will always advise our clients as to when it is beneficial to make use of the experience of a barrister and when the same outcome can be achieved without their assistance.
- Whether you are a father who does not have parental responsibility for your child, a step-parent who wishes to acquire parental responsibility, or someone caring for a child who feels that they need parental responsibility in order to do so, we here at Scott Rowe Solicitors have the knowledge and experience to support you. We can assist in the acquisition of parental responsibility, where this is possible, by way of agreement or an application to the court.
- Our family law solicitor can assist grandparents who may need legal help regarding their contact with a grandchild, circumstances in which they find themselves caring for a grandchild or wish to care for a grandchild and circumstances in which they wish to acquire parental responsibility for a grandchild. At Scott Rowe Solicitors, we recognise the important role that grandparents play in a grandchild’s life and the courts also are aware that grandparents can be a key part of a child’s life. Our family law solicitor will work with you to ensure the best chance of ensuring the outcome that you wish, to enable you continue to play a role in your grandchild’s life.
- Sadly, it is a fact that some relationships are abusive ones. Here at Scott Rowe Solicitors we recognise that domestic abuse takes many forms, which can include physical abuse, emotional or verbal abuse, psychological abuse, financial abuse and coercive or controlling behaviour.
- Our family law solicitor has extensive experience working with victims of domestic abuse to assist them in leaving abusive partners, protecting themselves from further abuse, preserving their right to occupy a family home in a safe and secure manner and ensuring that they have access to the legal protection they are entitled to through the family court. We offer sensitive, practical legal advice to assist people who are in extremely difficult and challenging circumstances. We work with our clients to ensure that whatever steps they choose to take, they are aware of the options available to them and, we hope, feel supported in choosing the options that are right for them.
Change of Name Deed
- If you find yourself in a situation in which you wish to change your name then here at Scott Rowe we are able to assist you. We can quickly prepare a Change of Name Deed and arrange an appointment with you to execute that Deed.
- We can also assist and advise parents about the circumstances in which they can change a child’s name and the ways in which this can be achieved.
In most family law cases we will give an estimate of what the fees for the legal work involved are likely to be. So, whether you instruct our family solicitor for your divorce, your children, or something else, you will have a good idea from the outset how much it will cost and you’ll know exactly what work we’ll do in return.